MediaRoad is looking for a project manager
26 June 2017
- The Sandbox Hub will enable media organizations to create a series of interlinked incubators, or Sandboxes, where SMEs can test and scale innovative concepts in operational environments;
- The Policy Hub will develop a policy vision for the whole radio and AV sector on topics such as the EU research agenda, data, 5G, security, immersive media, investment, training and regulatory issues. It will hold workshops, share updates, draft vision documents and link to other research projects;
- The Network Hub will create a series of events to bring together broadcasters, researchers, content creators, technologists and entrepreneurs to inspire collaborations and share knowledge.
- Launch the project by establishing protocols and procedures with all Hubs’ leaders and consortium partners.
- Preparation and circulation of consortium meeting agendas, decision drafts and minutes.
- Communication, organization and coordination of everyday information flow and regular project meetings preparation. Issue reminders for task initiation or completion. Management of the online database uploading and updating all project documents and materials electronic copies on project website and EU participant portal.
Administration and Reporting:
- Administration of the project manpower and finances, payments and possible subcontracts. It will include handling of invoices, contracts, payments and financial reporting.
- Reporting to the European Commission. Preparation of project deliverables documents and reports.
- Progress reports, interim reports and final reports will be covered by this task.
- Establish and maintain the Stakeholders group, which will be composed of interested stakeholders in the media sector. This group will participate in the activities of the Sandbox, Policy and Network Hubs, including its consultations, events and communications, and will give input and advice when necessary.
Monitoring and Risk Management:
- Monitor project progress against the schedule, using standard project management procedures and spotting critical deviations from the schedule in time.
- Monitoring and measuring the performance indicators, reviewing and assessing the work progress and ensuring effective decision making will manage project risks and optimize project resources.
- Establish and execute a communication plan for the project to ensure MediaRoad obtains maximum positive exposure and impact amongst the defined target groups.
- Deliver details of the project activities and results to participants, stakeholders, policy makers and other target groups.
- Establish communication channels for the project, including websites, e-mail newsletters, social media channels and press activation lists.
- Assist the communication activities in the Sandbox, Policy and Network Hubs
- Ensure overall quality and consistency of all project communications.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proficiency in English
- Experience in managing EU-funded projects
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge of the media field and experience with media-related project preferable
- Experience in coordinating work across different partner institutions/organisations
- A pro-active approach to work and experience in setting priorities and long term planning
To apply, please send an application letter that describes your qualifications, experience, and specific outlook for the post. Please send this, your CV and a formal letter of reference to the contact person Eleonora Mazzoli (email@example.com). All documentation should be in English. The closing date for applications is 6 July end of day.