World Radio Day 2019 – a day to celebrate the power of radio.
13 February 2019
Brussels, 13 February 2019 – Radio broadcasters and their sales houses are this year, again celebrating World Radio Day, as declared by UNESCO in November 2011, and inviting the industry to celebrate a medium that forms a key part of the lives of millions of people around the world.
Why is 2019 definitely the year of audio?
- Radio reaches more than 70% of population on a daily basis across Europe;
- 86% of global consumers listen to music on the radio;
- Podcast listeners spend 1h 55m listening to podcasts daily;
- 60% of podcast listeners have bought something from a podcast ad;
- The number of smart speakers in US households grew by 78% in one year.
Moreover, radio delivers strong ROI, amplifies the media mix and helps brands grow. Developments in data and technology, as well as the growth of voice assistance will carry the audio industry forward. 2019 will be the year of audio for listeners, broadcasters and publishers, as well as marketers.
For more information and to review the initiatives from previous editions of World Radio Day visit www.egtaradioday.com.
egta invites the industry to celebrate this day and share this information on social networks with the hashtag #WorldRadioDay.
Happy World Radio Day!