egta is convinced that a real network is built through the exchange of knowledge, best practice examples, tools and systems, research findings, as well as through relevant debates based on years of experience. egta unites such expertise through a network of several thousand experts from across the world.
The egta network is strengthened during the many events and meetings we organise each year. These events target different people in our member sales houses and meet two key priority objectives:
- The creation of contacts between people who occupy a similar function within all our members companies, hence the exchange of relevant information between people who understand each other's concerns.
- The creation of a continuous training process by keeping our members constantly up-to-date on the latest developments happening in their industry throughout Europe… and beyond!
When we are allowed to organise physical events, we structure our conferences throughout the year in the following way:
Annual Market Intelligence Meeting (MIM) - TV & RADIO - January
- Radio Innovations Meeting or topical workshop - RADIO - (According to members’ needs) - April
- CEO & Top Exec's Summit (AGM) - TV & RADIO - May/June
- Annual Marketing & Sales Meeting - TV & RADIO - October
In addition to these annual events, egta organises workshops, working groups, thematic days and study trips, so as to match our members’ needs to address hot issues in the industry.
Since the pandemic, we organise regular online webinars - called "Online Talks" - on topics important for our members.
Three to four European Affairs Group (EAG) meetings are also organised every year, at which legal experts from members meet to discuss the future of broadcasting and advertising regulation and to decide on concrete steps to be taken by egta’s Public & Regulatory Affairs department.
A team of well-trained staff who are up-to-date with the latest advertising trading techniques is the cornerstone of a sales house’s capacity to optimise its revenues.
Therefore, egta organises training programmes that are designed specifically for sales house executives. While each course is tailored to the participants' needs and levels of experience, it goes without saying that they are always marketing and sales oriented.
When physical meetings can take place, the training courses organised each year are as follows:
- TV Senior Executives’ Academy and/or TV Advertising Bootcamp - one in January and/or one in June, according to the members' needs, 3 consecutive days, 22 people max.
- Radio Academy, various topics - 2 consecutive days June or July, 22 people max.
These programmes are open to both egta members and non-member sales houses, which ensures a diverse range of participants. Limited numbers however mean that the training programmes are one of the few egta activities for which there is a participation fee.
In times of social distancing, egta also organises training classes online, meant to answer the needs of its members at a given moment. Recent online classes include for example the basics of addressable advertising, or digital training for TV and Radio teams.